WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are sent to your internet browser, and these are read by small blocks of code called pixel tags.
Cookies are used to collect information about how our website is used so that we can enhance our content and improve your shopping experience. This information is completely anonymous. It includes things like the number of visitors to our website, how they arrive at the site and which pages they visit.
- To deliver relevant online advertising to you both on our website and elsewhere through selected third parties
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our website.
Some cookies will expire at the end of your session and most within a month. A few will remain on your computer for longer. Our Website uses session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies operate from the moment you enter the website until the moment you leave. Once you log off, session cookies are deleted. Persistent cookies will not be deleted after each session.
Cookies can be classified into the following categories:
- First-party cookies– these are issued from the website you have accessed. These cookies often serve to give memory to the website about your data and preferences.
- Session cookies– these are used during a browser session. They may be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering what you have put in your shopping basket as you browse around our website. These session cookies will expire after a browser session.
- Third-party cookies– these are cookies that are set by a website other than the one you are on. If you visit a website and a separate company sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies– these are stored on a device in between browser sessions which allows your preferences or actions across our website (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes including remembering users’ preferences and choices when using a site or to target advertising
- Our Site may place and access certain first party Cookies on your computer or device. We use these Cookies to facilitate and improve your experience of Our Site and to provide and improve Our products and services. We have taken steps to ensure that your privacy and personal data is protected and respected at all times.
- By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. Third party Cookies are used on Our Site for marketing and advertising services. These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of Our Site and your use and experience of Our Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
- All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a banner along the bottom of your screen requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling Us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Our Site may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below in section 14.10, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling Us to better understand how Our Site is used. This, in turn, enables Us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow Us to use these Cookies, however whilst Our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of Our Site, it does enable Us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The Google Analytics privacy notice can be found here. You can learn more about how to opt-out of tracking in Google Analytics here.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information.
- In addition to the controls that We provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
- To find out how to delete or control the cookies stored on your computer, visit aboutcookies.org
- To find out how to control your online behavioural advertising preferences, visit youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.